This is a half or full day workshop that teaches and demonstrates yoga’s application in trauma recovery. It is aimed at yoga teachers, counsellors and psychotherapists. The workshop explores:
- The values and inner qualities that yoga cultivates and which underly trauma recovery;
- Yoga’s conceptualisation of the Self and the importance of the mind body link;
- The effects on the physical body of psychological trauma;
- Specific anatomical functions of body; the breath, the autonomic and enteric nervous systems, the spine and its role in embodied well being;
- How yoga fits with trauma informed psychotherapy models of recovery;
- Trauma informed yoga classes and yoga therapy;
- Working complementarily with yoga and psychotherapy, and,
- Incidental yoga for non yoga teachers/therapists.
Throughout there are case examples presented and experiential opportunities for participants to explore the material.